April 3, 2010

Xtina’s Not Myself Tonight

Ha! I have no idea what came over me 2 days ago when I first heard this song and said I didn't like it. Maybe my ears just needed some Q-tips coz now - giving it another go on YouTube - makes me take back what I said the moment I heard the first few beats again.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

I guess that's whats great about Christina. She goes out and explores various types of music and collaborates with different artists and when she's ready to show what she's done after years of production, she delivers something not everyone expects. She has never underestimated her fan's taste by giving them the same old shit record after record.

I mean we saw her go wild and all emo with Stripped, then goes vintage and soul with Back To Basics and now, she gives us music from the future with Bionic. And with the hype she has created online just by the first single alone is proof that her loyal fans are here to stay for her whilst satisfying new listeners to her music.

Not Myself Tonight sounds like something from a club floating on Earth's orbit (if ever something like that would ever exist).

No comments: