March 28, 2010

Paper Cranes

[caption id="attachment_219" align="alignleft" width="240" caption="pink paper crane"]Pink Paper Crane[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_224" align="alignleft" width="240" caption="pink paper crane and me"]pink paper crane and me[/caption]

Origami figures really are much better looking (and more challenging to do) when their made smaller. I've learned Origami back when I was a kid and I can still pretty much do the figures I knew how to make back then. The "paper crane" unfortunately I learned quite later when I was preoccupied with other things and so I wasn't quite as able to absorb the steps on how to make them.

My friends thought me how to make them a few weeks ago and I've been drawn to making them ever since. They really are just so elegant and beautiful. I also like the fact that it's not all flat that there's actually a wide body between the wings. They're not so simple, yet their not quite complicated and advanced paper folding as well. Just about in between. I just love it.

I've probably made more than 10 of them. From scraps of paper in my room, to fast food receipts, and just about every other paper I could pick up when I feel like passing the time. I'm still urging myself to make a thousand paper cranes and get that magic wish :D

No comments: